Guidelines for All Residents
- Dallas LIFE is not a domestic violence shelter.
- You are allowed 1, 13 gallon bag. Belongings must fit into Pest Control box for cleanliness standards.
- If you are a married couple, you must have a valid marriage license.
- Each person must have ID and a Social Security card
- If you have no ID, you will need to get one through other agency assistance.
- Children must have a birth certificate, Social Security card and immunization records.
- We cannot take men on parole.
- We cannot take anyone convicted of a sex crime at any time in the past or if you have been convicted of a heinous/violent crime
- You must sign rules & regulations to stay.
- You must shower daily, no exceptions.
- If you commit to our program and then leave, you may not return for 30 days.
- Breaking rules can result in a 30, 60, 90 day or PERMANENT restriction.
- Children are always free.
- We offer private rooms for married couples or those with children.
- Every resident has a daily cleaning job, no exceptions.
- There is no fraternization with other residents.
- No pets allowed.
- We perform random drug testing.
First time residents receives 3 free nights. After that, you choose between the Pay-To-Stay Program at $15 per night, or the 10-Month New Life Program which is free for those having no income.